Alabama Police Arrest German Mercedes Executive for Lack of Proof of Legal Presence in the US

Thứ Tư, 30 Tháng Mười Một 201100:00(Xem: 52079)
Alabama Police Arrest German Mercedes Executive for Lack of Proof of Legal Presence in the US

A German manager with Mercedes-Benz was freed after being arrested for not having a driver’s license with him under Alabama’s new law targeting illegal immigrants. Police stopped the executive’s rental car for not having a license tag and asked the driver for his license. The man only had a German identification card, so he was arrested and taken to police headquarters.
The same thing would probably not happen to a Caucasian driver in California, but we have heard horror stories of US citizen Hispanics being imprisoned by CIS for lengthy periods.
Do Vietnamese look like Hispanics? No, but the story from Alabama shows it is better to be safe than sorry.
Permanent Residents must always have their Green Cards with them. That’s the law. There is no law requiring US citizens to carry proof of citizenship, and most people would not want to carry their Naturalization Certificates or Passports with them. Fortunately, there is an alternative, called the Passport Card.
The Passport Card is the size of the Green Card and it can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book.
For Adults (age 16 or older) the card costs $55 for a first time applicant and $30 for a previous passport holder. For those under 16, the cost is $40.
If you have a U.S. passport book and are eligible to use Form DS-82, you may apply for the card by mail. You can use Form DS-82 to renew your passport book at the same time that your apply for your passport card.
If you have never had a U.S. passport book or are not eligible to use Form DS-82, you must apply in person using Form DS-11.
First time applicants for a passport card can apply at any one of the 9,400 Passport Application Acceptance Facilities across the country.
Q.1. Can the Passport Card be used in place of a passport for international air travel?
A.1. No. Only the passport book can be used for international air travel. The passport card can be used for domestic air travel in place of any other government-issued ID.
Q.2. Can I apply for a passport card if I do not have a passport?
A.2. Yes, you can use your Certificate of Naturalization to apply for the card. And, you can use the passport card to apply for a passport book. Finally, you can apply for a passport book and passport card at the same time
Immigration Support Services-Tham Van Di Tru

9070 Bolsa Avenue, Westminster CA 92683 (714) 890-9933 
779 Story Road, Ste. 70, San Jose, CA 95122 (408) 294-3888 
6930 65th St. Ste. #105, Sacramento CA 95823 (916) 393-3388 
42 Dang Thi Nhu, P. Nguyen Thai Binh, Q1, HCM (848) 3914-7638
Thứ Tư, 09 Tháng Mười Hai 2015(Xem: 8630)
On 23 November, the US State Department warned American citizens about possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats.
Thứ Năm, 03 Tháng Mười Hai 2015(Xem: 8095)
During the holiday season we often think about absent family members.
Thứ Hai, 23 Tháng Mười Một 2015(Xem: 8812)
The holiday season has arrived and we at RMI take this chance to wish everyone in the Vietnamese community a peaceful and joyful Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.
Thứ Ba, 17 Tháng Mười Một 2015(Xem: 7495)
More than 2 million illegal immigrants have been deported since President Barack Obama took office.
Thứ Tư, 11 Tháng Mười Một 2015(Xem: 19635)
At the arrival airport, the officer of the CBP (Customs and Border Patrol) may ask, “What is your intention in coming to the US?”
Thứ Tư, 04 Tháng Mười Một 2015(Xem: 7237)
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) of 1965 turned 50 years old on October 3.
Thứ Tư, 28 Tháng Mười 2015(Xem: 7543)
Foreign investors hoping for a green card under the EB-5 visa program have a last-minute window to apply.
Thứ Tư, 14 Tháng Mười 2015(Xem: 8582)
Third Parties May Now Pay USCIS Immigrant Fees Online
Thứ Ba, 06 Tháng Mười 2015(Xem: 9886)
Concurrent filing is when an immigrant petition and the adjustment application for a green card, are filed at the same time and mailed together with all the required filing fees and supporting documentation to the same filing location.
Thứ Năm, 01 Tháng Mười 2015(Xem: 8525)
If you are already in the US and you are in legal status, it might be possible for you to submit your Green Card application in October, even if your petition is not yet current.